We kicked our Earth Day weekend off today with a fun trip to a local botanical garden, and after a day out in the sun we were wiped! We had so much fun, but it was a long day, and Lincoln went right down at 6:30 tonight. Not going to lie, I followed right after, thinking I would just take a nap to take the tired edge off, then jump right back to my lesson planning for Monday… but instead I just woke up, at 1a.m! (So I guess technically we visited the gardens yesterday.) Seeing as I’m much more refreshed now (and still have a ton that I need to do), here I am in the middle of the night, lesson planning, uploading some pics from the day, answering some emails, with laundry going in the background. But I also wanted to share some awesome finds I’ve stumbled across lately that are perfect for sharing on Earth Day!
Awesome Earth Day Stuff
- Make Laundry, Not Landfill. Want to know why us crazy people love cloth diapering? Here’s one of the reasons!
- DIY cloth pads. Been looking into this a lot more recently. And they look sooooo easy to make yourself.
- Um, yes please, says Lincoln. Build-a-Bug! What a simple, AWESOME activity for toddlers!
- Planning to make a backyard garden? Here’s some simple tips to get you started!
- For my teacher people, here are tons of ideas to get students thinking about the Earth and how to save it.
Happy Earth Day, everyone!